General Laborer Supervisor I - Hetch Hetchy Water & Power (Moccasin) - SFPUC (7215)
Published: August 05, 2022
Contact:Brandon Bradley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply using SmartRecruiters, the City and County of San Francisco's application portal Learn More
- Application Opening: August 5, 2022
- Application Deadline: August 19, 2022
- Compensation Range: $78,208-$95,030
- Recruitment ID: RTF0124116-01151249 (124117)
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Temporary Exempt: This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
- The duration of the appointment shall not exceed 36 months.
WHO ARE WE?
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have 2,300 employees operating across eight counties serving more than 2.7 million customers in the San Francisco Bay Area – 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Our Mission: To provide our customers with high quality, efficient, and reliable water, power, and wastewater services in a manner that values environmental and community interests and sustains the resources entrusted to our care.
Our Vision: We are an innovative utility leader, recognized for excellent results in service, safety, stewardship, and inclusiveness.
We are an award-winning and industry-leading utilities organization committed to our customers, community interests, and the environment. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at https://www.sfpuc.org/.
We are proud of our infrastructure and programs, but most importantly, we value our highly qualified and dedicated workforce which ensures that this vision becomes a reality.
To learn more about working at the SFPUC, visit our career site at https://www.sfpuc.org/about-us/careers-sfpuc
Project Name: HHWP Fuel Reduction and Fire Mitigation Project
Under direction, plans, prioritizes, assigns, oversees, inspects, and evaluates the work of laboring crews engaged in various types of construction and maintenance work, including sidewalk and street cleaning and sweeping. As a working supervisor, may be required to perform some of the duties assigned to staff.
1. Supervises General Laborers by planning, assigning, monitoring, and evaluating work.
2. Makes daily assignments of laborers and sweeping and cleaning crews and vehicle operators.
3. Operates motor vehicles for the transportation of personnel and materials to job sites.
4. Supervises and/or participates in sidewalk and street cleaning, sweeping, and pressure washing.
5. Assures that all tools, equipment, and supplies necessary to specific jobs are available to work crews.
6. Prepares written reports and records including accident/injury reports, daily work reports and other reports and correspondence; keeps attendance records; performs mathematical calculations to determine area, costs, hours, etc.
7. Supervises and/or participates in removing graffiti from walls, buildings, etc.
8. Supervises and/or participates in operating forklifts, boom and scissor lifts, pressure washers, steam cleaners, suction sweepers, and sidewalk sweepers.
9. Supervises and/or participates in the loading and unloading of debris (from street and sidewalk cleaning), materials, and equipment on trucks.
10. Supervises and/or participates in the removal and cleanup of debris resulting from construction, wrecking, or repair work around grounds, sidewalks, and building areas; includes cleaning up illegal dumping sites.
11. Enforces practice of safe work procedures and use of safety equipment and PPE's (personal protective equipment); trains laborers in safety; enforces applicable codes, laws, and ordinances.
12. Supervises and/or participates in the cleaning and flushing of catch basins.
13. Supervises and/or participates in clearing vegetation for fire control.
14. Supervises and/or participates in the operation of pneumatic and hand tools, including jackhammers, chipping guns, and tampers, used in construction or maintenance operations (may include using a hand level).
15. Supervises and/or participates in excavations for water and sewer lines, electrical conduits, and concrete forms, and other similar excavations.
16. Provides support for craft workers by supervising and/or participating in manual labor tasks such as lifting and carrying materials and supplies, mixing and breaking concrete, etc.
Moccasin is located 140 miles east of the San Francisco Bay Area and requires a 5-hour round trip commute by car in fair weather.
How to qualify
If you are interested in a job like this, we are looking for people that have the following:
Four (4) years of work experience performing the duties of a general laborer in construction
License and Certification:
Valid California driver license (must be maintained during employment).
Experience in City and County of San Francisco Class 7514 General Laborer may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
Verification of Education and Experience:
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. More information can be found at: https://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#verification
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
All work experience, education, training, and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
DRUG TESTING REQUIREMENT: Applicants for positions in this classification who are not currently employed by the City and County of San Francisco in a safety-sensitive position represented by (Laborers Local 261), are required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. All employees in this classification may also be subject to drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or after a work-related accident. Applicants with a positive result from a pre-employment drug test will be restricted from hire in safety-sensitive positions for six-months after the date of the positive test.
What else should I know?
Additional Information Regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Information About The Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Disaster Service Worker
- ADA Accommodation
- Right to Work
- Copies of Application Documents
- Diversity Statement
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/CityAndCountyOfSanFrancisco1/ and begin the application process.
- Select the “I’m Interested” button and follow instructions on the screen
Applicants may be contacted by email about this recruitment and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu, @smartalerts.info, and @smartrecruiters.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
Analyst Information: If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the Human Resources Analyst, Brandon Bradley at BBradley@sfwater.org.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: All City and County of San Francisco employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Someone is fully vaccinated when 14 days have passed since they received the final dose of a two-shot vaccine or a dose of a one-shot vaccine. Any new hire must present proof of full vaccination status to be appointed. Any new hire who will be routinely assigned or occasionally enter High-Risk Settings, must provide proof of having received a COVID-19 booster vaccine by March 1, 2022, or once eligible.
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.