Public Service Aide - Human Resources - SF Public Works (9922 TEX)
Published: January 24, 2023
Accepting applications until: January 25, 2023
Contact:Kristi Wong - email@example.com
Apply using SmartRecruiters, the City and County of San Francisco's application portal Learn More
Job class: 9922-Public Service Aide - Associate To Professionals
Salary range: $54,522.00 - $54,522.00
Role type: Temporary Exempt What does this mean?
San Francisco Public Works (SFPW) has a far-reaching portfolio with a $352 million annual operating budget, an active capital portfolio that exceeds $3 billion and a workforce of 1,600-plus employees. The department operates around the clock, touching every neighborhood in San Francisco. The staff designs and manages construction of civic buildings and streets; cleans and greens the right of way; maintains civic buildings; manages multi-million-dollar bond programs; trains people for jobs; keeps the right of way free of hazards; paves the roads; repairs bridges and public stairways; expands accessibility; and works at the forefront addressing some of San Francisco’s biggest challenges, including homelessness. With a mission to enhance the quality of life in San Francisco for residents, visitors and business owners, Public Works is committed to providing outstanding public service through an equity lens.
The department is divided into four divisions: Operations; Building Design and Construction; Infrastructure Design and Construction; and Finance and Administration.
The SFPW Human Resources unit has an opening in the position of Public Service Aide - Associate To Professionals (9922 TEX).
Application Opening: Monday, January 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time, but no earlier than Wednesday, January 25, 2023.
Compensation Range: $26.2125 hourly
Recruitment ID: RTF0130585 / TEX - 9922 - 01127031
Appointment Type: Temporary-Exempt (TEX), Category 18. This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer. This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer. The duration of the appointment shall not exceed 36 months
Under minimal direction, you will perform a variety of duties requiring a high level of responsibility; carrying out complex tasks relative to the performance of management functions; may be responsible for supervising subordinates; researching and analyzing data; investigating and advising in legal matters; and preparing legal documents.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- You will serve as administrative staff for Human Resources (HR) division to provide administrative support to the HR Operations team.
- Post reassignment flyers on office bulletin boards and send out reassignment opportunity notification emails to SFPW staff.
- Responds to phone and personnel inquiries from employees, applicants, and other interested individuals concerning various personnel matters, such as employee benefits, and leaves of absence; and makes referrals as necessary. Receive phone calls for HR Main Line switchboard and triage phone calls to appropriate parties.
- Responding to personnel file review requests from employees, hiring managers, and other city departments.
- Processing promotive point requests from other city departments.
- Creating and maintaining personnel files for hires, and maintaining personnel records.
- You will order office supplies for HR staff, compile data, and generate reports as needed.
- Filing personnel documents according to established departmental procedures by using chronological, and alphabetical filing systems; accepting subpoenas, summons, and other legal documents to ensure documentation/information is properly maintained and posted in a timely manner.
- You'll be responsible for maintaining computerized records and database information by using word processing, spreadsheets, and other applications to ensure the accuracy of data and process personnel transactions.
- The Administrative Analyst performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How to qualify
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires an indicated interest and aptitude in those skills associated with Human Resources and a willingness and ability to acquire the needed skills through training and work experience.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience working in office operation and administration.
- Proficient in MS Office suite software: outlook, word, excel, etc.
- Customer service and file organization experience are desired.
- Good communication skills.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluation qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through all of the steps in the selection process.
What else should I know?
Additional Information Regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Information About The Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Disaster Service Worker
- ADA Accommodation
- Veterans Preference
- Right to Work
- Copies of Application Documents
- Diversity Statement
Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At the City and County of San Francisco, we share a commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable community. Each member of our organization is responsible and accountable for what they say and do to make San Francisco an inclusive and equitable place to live and work by employing fair and just practices to and for all.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit https://careers.sf.gov and begin the application process.
- Select the “I’m Interested” button and follow instructions on the screen.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses @sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
Human Resources Analyst Information: If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Kristi Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the following link to learn more about the three workplace core values we live and embrace every day here at Public Works: Respect, Integrity, and Responsiveness.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: All City and County of San Francisco employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Someone is fully vaccinated when 14 days have passed since they received the final dose of a two-shot vaccine or a dose of a one-shot vaccine. Any new hire must present proof of full vaccination status to be appointed. Any new hire who will be routinely assigned or occasionally enter High-Risk Settings, must provide proof of having received a COVID-19 booster vaccine by March 1, 2022, or once eligible.
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.