SharePoint Developer (1053 TPV)
Published: September 27, 2023
Contact:Michael Eng - Michael.Eng@sfgov.org
Apply using SmartRecruiters, the City and County of San Francisco's application portal Learn More
Job class: 1053-IS Business Analyst-Senior
Salary range: $123,240.00 - $155,064.00
Role type: Temporary Provisional Permanent Civil Service What does this mean?
Exam type: Contact us for more information
Rule: Contact us for more information
List type: Contact us for more information
Appointment Type: This is a Temporary Provisional (TPV) position excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process. It is considered "at will" and shall serve at the discretion of the Department Head. This position will be subject to the Permanent Civil Service examination process at a later date. Successful participation in the Permanent Civil Service examination and selection through an open competitive process is needed in order to be considered for the permanent appointment.
Specific information regarding this recruitment is listed below:
- Application Opening - September 27, 2023
- Deadline to Apply: October 4, 2023, 11:55 PM PST
- Recruitment ID: RTF0140239-01138830
- Compensation Range: $120,536 - $151,658 / annually
- Analyst: Michael Eng
The San Francisco Planning Department (CPC) plays a central role in guiding the growth and development in our City. The Department works with other City agencies and the community to help achieve great planning for a great city.
The mission of the San Francisco Planning Department, under the direction of the Planning Commission, shapes the future of San Francisco and the region by: generating an extraordinary vision for the General Plan and in neighborhood plans; fostering exemplary design through planning controls; improving our surroundings through environmental analysis; preserving our unique heritage; encouraging a broad range of housing and a diverse job base; and enforcing the Planning Code.
Our Racial and Social Equity Vision
The Department’s racial and social equity vision is:
We envision inclusive neighborhoods that provide all with the opportunity to lead fulfilling, meaningful, and healthy lives. We envision a city where public life and public spaces reflect the past, present, and future of San Franciscans. We envision a city where a person’s race does not determine their lives’ prospects and success.
We envision an inclusive Planning Department and Commissions that represent and engage the communities we serve. We envision a department that proactively infuses racial and social equity in both internal operations and external Planning work. Together, we are reimagining what the Planning field is and can be – inclusive, diverse and one that centers racial and social equity both as a practice and as an indicator of success.
To achieve this broader city vision, we must do our part and address racial and social equity within the Planning Department’s policies and practices.
The SharePoint Developer participates in the full project lifecycle to successfully deliver quality application solutions to the Planning Department and the City. This includes analyzing, selecting, and implementing software solutions as well as requirements gathering, application architecture and modeling, custom application development, multiple systems integration, and project management.
The SharePoint Developer will play a critical role in enhancing collaboration, communication, and productivity within SF Planning by leveraging the capabilities of the SharePoint platform to meet specific business needs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and evaluate systems and users need relating to technology solutions.
- Make recommendations to management team on modifications, enhancements, replacements and other improvements to the department's web and portal applications.
- Build solutions within the Office365 environments, including form creation, workflow customization, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configuration.
- Integrate SharePoint with other systems, databases, and applications, ensuring seamless data flow and system interoperability.
- Provide project management functions for projects and activities including but not limited to project scoping, task scheduling, and resource recommendations.
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues related to SharePoint functionality, configurations, and customizations..
- Plan and execute SharePoint platform upgrades, patch management, and system maintenance tasks.
How to qualify
- An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
- Three (3) years in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management
- Three (3) years of experience in MS SharePoint Design and Development
The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Proficiency in SharePoint development tools and technologies, including SharePoint Online (Office 365), SharePoint Server, SharePoint Designer, and SharePoint Framework (SPFx).
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) for building custom workflows and business process automation.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, and other web services for integrating SharePoint with external systems.
- In-depth understanding of SharePoint architecture, features, and capabilities.
- Ability to design and implement SharePoint solutions, including custom lists, libraries, workflows, forms, web parts, and custom applications.
- Proficiency in working with databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in integrating SharePoint with other Microsoft technologies (e.g., Azure, Dynamics 365) and third-party applications.
- Knowledge of other database software, e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, and Amazon Relation Database Service (RDS).
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Falsifying one's education training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
What else should I know?
Selection Procedures: Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience and education. Additional mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidate’s qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit https://careers.sf.gov/ and begin the application process.
- Select the “Apply Now” button and follow instructions on the screen.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this recruitment and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu, @smartalerts.info, and @smartrecruiters.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
Additional Information Regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Information About the Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Disaster Service Worker
- ADA Accommodation
- Right to Work
- Copies of Application Documents
- Diversity Statement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Questions: If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Michael Eng, by telephone at 628-652-7522, or by email at Michael.Eng@sfgov.org.
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.