Epic Willow Pharmacy Technical Lead - Technology Expert (9976) - DPH
Published: September 28, 2023
Contact:Eliot Watt - Eliot.Watt@sfdph.org
Apply using SmartRecruiters, the City and County of San Francisco's application portal Learn More
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is accepting applications for one Epic Willow Pharmacy Technical Lead position in the 9976 Technology Expert I job class.
- ✅START with this Required Questionnaire
- Annual Compensation
$153,868 - $193,544
- Position Type
Permanent Exempt careers.sf.gov/knowledge/role-types PEX-9976-121842
The qualified applicant pool resulting from this recruitment may be utilized to fill exempt vacancies at various locations within DPH.
- Provides direct ongoing guidance and/or supervision to other IS Business Analysts or serves as the top application authority for one or more related application modules or systems.
- Supports the design, build, implementation, and optimization of the Epic enterprise Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- Collects information from departments, clinicians, health workers, vendors, and internal and external customers regarding electronic system development, implementation, issues, recommendations, and utilization of best practices.
- Translates functional requirements into application builds.
- Maintains all system configuration and build parameters for application modules.
- Uses logic and analysis to solve computer and application module problems.
- Exercises judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in an environment subject to frequent change.
- Prepares test plans, documentation, and training materials; work with venders to prepare technical specifications and scopes of work.
- Prioritizes competing requests for services.
- Application module optimization in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Manages critical timelines effectively.
- Manages communication between applications.
- Application/module implementation and testing.
- Documents work and adheres to change control procedures.
- Maintains and updates Service Now, Orion, Sherlock, Nova, and/or other Epic build trackers or Epic project plans.
- Other duties as required.
More detailed Job Description: Click Here
How to qualify
⚠️ ①②③ Required Before Applying⚠️
- ① An associate degree or above from an accredited college or university
- ② Seven (7) years of experience in
- system administration
- information systems development, maintenance and support
- information technology project management
- Five (5) years of experience in
- Epic Willow
- Supporting Epic applications
- Epic Willow
- system administration
- ③ Either ⓐ or ⓑ
- ⓐ Proficiency in either Willow
- ⓑ Epic Certification
- ⓐ Proficiency in either Willow
One year of full-time employment is equivalent to 2,000 hours of work experience (2,000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40-hour work week). Any overtime hours that you work above 40 hours a week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units.
These desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of Epic implementation and/or Epic upgrade.
- Epic Certification or Proficiency in Willow Pharmacy AND Willow Ambulatory AND Willow Inventory.
- Knowledge of Lean fundamentals including, but not limited to, A3 thinking, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Background and knowledge of clinical workflows.
- Knowledge of core functions and processes of the billing office.
- Knowledge of the billing office's integration with other departments in the organization.
- Knowledge and comprehension of revenue cycle management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of flow diagramming applications and collaboration platforms, SharePoint.
Important Note: Please be clear in your application exactly how you meet the minimum qualifications listed above. The information entered in your Smart Recruiters application will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications. A resume cannot substitute for the need to fully complete your employment application.
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
What else should I know?
Minimum Qualification Supplemental Questionnaire
Applicants are required to complete the Required Questionnaire linked in this job ad.
The selection procedure will include evaluation of the application packet in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates.
DPH Health Critical Requirements and Information: Please review the following policies regarding DPH employment requirements that safeguard yourself and others.
- COVID-19 Policies
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Medical Examination Prior to Hiring
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Note on ICARE
Additional information regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Information about the Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Disaster Service Workers
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Right to Work
- Copies of Application Documents
- Diversity Statement
We may use text messaging to communicate with you if you include a mobile number in your application. The first message will ask you to opt in to text messaging.
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.