PeopleSoft Systems Integration & Batch Operations Analyst (Hybrid Workplace) - Controller's Office (1053)
Published: March 02, 2024
Contact:Vicente Centeno - firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply using SmartRecruiters, the City and County of San Francisco's application portal Learn More
Our workplace has a hybrid/flexible weekly schedule, where colleagues work 1 day onsite (in the San Francisco office) and 4 days from home, subject to periodic review and approval.
The Controller is the City’s chief financial officer. Our team includes financial, technology, analytical, and other professionals who work hard to secure the City’s financial integrity and promote efficient, effective, and accountable government. We hold ourselves to high standards and strive to be a model for good government. We value the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and lived experiences of our teams and clients in everything we do. We work in a collaborative and inclusive environment, promote equal opportunity, and invest in the professional development and well-being of our team members. You can expect to work alongside colleagues who are committed to serving the public with integrity and want to see positive impacts from their work. We are looking for smart, motivated individuals who want to make a difference and use government to play a role in solving our City’s issues, including addressing long-standing and harmful disparities in our communities. For a career with purpose and professional growth, join us in the Controller’s Office!
Systems Division of the Controller’s Office:
The Systems Division of the Controller’s Office manages the City and County of San Francisco’s Enterprise Oracle and PeopleSoft Applications, which include Oracle Interaction Hub, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM), PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM), PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management (ELM), and Oracle Business Intelligence. These applications are branded locally as our SF Employee Portal, SF People & Pay, SF Financials, SF Procurement, SF Learning, and SF Reports and Analytics systems. Collectively, these applications provide a robust, integrated platform that delivers mission-critical services to 55 City Departments, eliminating the need for hundreds of independent legacy systems and customized applications. The division serves over 35,000 active City employees, 75,000 retirees and 25,000 City vendors (bidders and suppliers). Peripheral and legacy applications also leveraged by the division include Oracle Identify & Access Management, Sherpa Budget Formulation & Management, Phire Architect, Control-M, and FreshWorks. The technology implemented and maintained by the Systems Division provides standardization, transparency, and efficiency for the City’s crucial business processes. Users are fully supported to ensure adoption of these interconnected systems.
Overview: The Controller’s Office implemented 17 modules within the PeopleSoft Financials & Supply Chain Management (FSCM) enterprise resource planning system in 2017. This is now the central system of financial record and budgetary control for the City and County of San Francisco (CCSF). Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) was also implemented as the City’s new data analytics and reporting platform.
Specific information regarding this recruitment process are listed below:
- Application Opening: 10/27/23
- Application Deadline: Continuous
The Systems Integration and Batch Operations Analyst will perform and participate in a range of business systems analysis and production support tasks. The analyst will provide advanced level of operational and batch support to the ELM, HCM, and FSCM applications. Batch processing includes PeopleSoft Process Scheduler, BMC Control-M scheduling systems, and GlobalScape secured transmission (sFTP) system.
Essential duties include but not limited to:
- Link business processes with the setup, rules, workflow, and batch processing to the ELM, HCM, and FSCM applications
- Define and implement application and scheduling system configuration settings
- Analyze the feasibility of and develop requirements for systems, batch processes, and enhancements to existing or new systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users
- Identify and be on guard for opportunities for business processes improvement through automation by reduce manual and time-consuming tasks by automating data flows to allow for increased productivity and a reduction in human errors
- Integration Orchestration allows organizations to adapt and integrate new tools and systems seamlessly
- Gather business requirements, perform fit/gap analysis on new and modified batch processes
- May install and enhance software; program, test, debug and install new/modified programs
- Consult on the analysis of an application; troubleshoot system problems; implement solutions
- Identify, manage, and escalate issues and risks throughout software development life cycle
- Conduct system analysis and may conduct programming activities for complex systems; document new and modified systems and programs; coordinate user training in new capabilities
- Interface with inter-connecting city departments and external vendors to determine system needs and requirements
- Prepare, or assist client in preparing service requests to implement system changes; determine level of effort required and the cost of implementing service requests; prioritize requests.
- Provide technical production support for on-line and batch systems; assist with set processing schedule; update and produce reports
- Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors to complete projects and service requests; define, assign and evaluate their work
- May determine structure of databases; normalize data; perform conversion of data between platforms; design, develop and generate routine and ad hoc reports in response to user needs
- Determine security levels for systems to ensure data integrity; test database applications to assure functionality and effectiveness in performing to desired specifications
- Research and evaluate software on multiple platforms; assist in developing the evaluation criteria for software
- Determine operating characteristics and requirements; develop or modify and document general system/process design; write detailed design specifications; conduct "walkthroughs" for proposed solutions to system problems
- Keeping up-to-date functional and technical documentation
- Performing other duties as assigned
How to qualify
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Three (3) years in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management.
The stated desirable qualifications will be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Working knowledge of job scheduling system, such as BMC’s Control-M
- PeopleSoft HCM and/or FSCM module functionality, fit/gap analysis, customization, and testing strategies;
- Technical design and development experience with PeopleSoft Development Tools (PeopleTools 8.5x, Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, Process Scheduler and PeopleSoft Query;
- Professional IS Business Analyst work experience in the Public Sector (Government or Nonprofit).
- Familiarity with Tier-1 ERP systems.
- Advanced functional and technical skills in some of the following PeopleSoft modules: general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, services contracting, construction contracting and/or supplier management in a large government or highly regulated environment.
- Developing reports and metrics to assist in documenting production support activities and enhancing production efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrated experience preparing and maintaining user training materials; conducting online user trainings and oral presentations.
What else should I know?
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Interviews: Selected candidates will be invited to participate in one or more interviews at the Controller’s Office.
Additional Information Regarding Employment with the City and County of San Francisco:
- Information About The Hiring Process
- Conviction History
- Employee Benefits Overview
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Disaster Service Worker
- ADA Accommodation
- Veterans Preference
- Right to Work
- Copies of Application Documents
- Diversity Statement
The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.